WHO ARE WE?
We are A H Oliver & Son of Fenn Lane Farm, Upton, Nuneaton, CV13 6BL. Trading as The Dandelion Hideaway. You can contact us on email@example.com. We are the controller of the information that we obtain from and about you. We understand and respect the importance of your privacy and we are committed to the fair and transparent processing and safeguarding of your personal information and other data which is collected by us or provided to us via the use of our website.
In providing our services to you, we must collect personal information from you and make subsequent use of it as detailed below. By visiting our website, registering an account and / or purchasing services or goods, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
HOW WE WILL COLLECT INFORMATION?
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:
- When you make a booking with us over the telephone or via our internet booking facilities.
- When you write, telephone or email us to make an enquiry.
- When you register with us to receive newsletters or email updates; and when you enter competitions run by us or take part in surveys or customer feedback.
- Participate in discussion boards on social media functions
WHAT INFORMATION WILL WE COLLECT?
We may collect all or some of the following information relating to you or other parties on your booking:
- Names and contact details (including your telephone number, email and postal address);
- Special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect your chosen booking.
When you make a booking on the Dandelion Hideaway website, you will be prompted to give credit/ debit card or other payment details to a third party payment processor. OPAYO. Whilst it may feel like we are collecting this information, it is actually being collected by OPAYO directly. We do not see or store your credit card information.
HOW WE WILL USE THE INFORMATION YOU GIVE
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to administer our Website and manage your account;
- to improve our Website and our service so that it is most effective;
- to deal with enquiries, and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you of any service, support or account notifications or updates in relation to our Website, your account or our services that may affect you;
- to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us;
- to administer any competition or promotion that you have entered which includes notifying you if you are the winner;
- to process job applications for vacancies you are applying for;
- for internal record-keeping, reporting, service renewal.
We may also contact you for marketing purposes. This is where we will provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were subject of a previous sale or negotiations of sale to you. If you are not a customer of ours we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this (e.g. where you have signed up to our newsletter). We will only ever pass your details to third parties that wish to directly market to you where you have given us explicit consent to do so.
If you want us to use your data, or to pass your details on to third parties, for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data. If you do not tick that box, we will not send you any marketing communications or pass your details to third parties that want to market you.
WILL MY INFORMATION BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD Parties?
We may pass selected information to selected third parties including:
- selected third parties who would like to market their products and services to you but only where you have explicitly consented for us to do so.
- Our technology partner for the purpose of sending triggered emails, such as cart abandonment and purchase confirmation emails, and personalized marketing, for example to suggest products that are related to your previous purchase;
- Selected social media sites where we upload limited personal information, such as your email address, so that we can market to you on those social media platforms about our products and services we think may be of interest to you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
We may process your data because:
- We are legally obliged to e.g. to confirm your identity; the processing is necessary for the performance of the contract with you to provide our services.
- In some instances, we will rely on your consent to process personal date and where we do this, it will be flagged to you at the time.
SECURITY AND RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will take necessary steps to make sure that the information we hold about you is kept secure at all times against unauthorized or unlawful loss or disclosure. We will retain it only for as long as it is needed for its original purpose or to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Any information no longer required will be deleted or disposed of confidentially and completely. We also have appropriate contractual obligation with our ‘data processors’ to ensure that they comply with the requirements of UK law. However, outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country.