Terms and Conditions
1. Bookings and Payments
The dates of your booking will be held upon payment of a non-refundable deposit of 30% or payment in full. Any booking less than 10 weeks in advance of your check in date must be paid in full immediately. On receipt of the deposit, a booking confirmation will be sent to you within 24 hours, containing the details of your stay and of payments made and due. If you have not received your booking confirmation within the specified time, please notify us as soon as possible. Payments can only be made by either debit or credit cards.
Where a deposit has been paid, full balance payment will be due 10 weeks in advance of your check in date and a reminder will be sent to you two weeks prior to this date, where applicable, by email. If you are unable to pay the balance before the stated due date, you will forfeit your deposit and your booking will be cancelled.
The Dandelion Hideaway only accepts bookings from persons over 18 years of age. The Dandelion Hideaway reserves the right, always, without statement of reasons, to refuse a booking.
When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
The prices featured on the website are not binding; The Dandelion Hideaway reserves the right to modify these prices. At the time of booking you will be informed of the prices applicable. The price stated on the confirmation invoice is binding.
3. Rental of a Canvas Cottage
In the rental price of every canvas cottage the following is included:
- Rental of ‘tent’ and the pitch.
- Use of and access to the field’s adjoining the Spinney Meadow.
- Use of water, gas and wood.
- VAT according to the guidelines of the VAT administration.
Not included are, among other things:
- Washing of the dishes.
- Stripping of the rented linen.
- Putting the waste into a waste bag and placing it in the refuse container.
4. Arrival Time
Our check in time is between 3 – 6pm, we do understand that sometimes this may be inconvenient, or events occur to make this exceedingly difficult. It is important to plan your journey so that you arrive to the farm during daylight.
Cancellation by you at any time will result in your deposit being forfeited, as all deposits are non-refundable. All monies paid for a holiday (deposit and balance) are non-refundable within 10 weeks before check in date. Cancellation of any holiday after it has been paid in full and at a date 10 weeks or more in advance of your check in date, will result in forfeiture of your deposit (or an amount equivalent where one was not paid as the holiday was paid in full) and the balance being returned to you. The Dandelion Hideaway is a holiday company and operates to the same industry principles as travel companies, tour operators and airlines. We advise that you have valid annual insurance in place that will provide suitable cover for accidents, illness, bereavement, transport difficulties as well as extreme weather conditions.
6. Group bookings
It is the right of The Dandelion Hideaway to refuse group bookings if we feel that this may be of detriment to other guests staying on the farm. We do not accept single sex parties.
7. Day visitors
In the past, we have received and welcome day visitors of guests in residence, we have changed our policy after listening and responding to guest feedback. Day visitors are no longer permitted.
As a holiday destination hosting just six families, it is important to maintain the atmosphere of a private, tranquil place for the enjoyment of everyone’s holiday. We are unlike a large camping site and you do pay a premium for the bespoke nature of The Dandelion Hideaway. We have found in the past receiving day guests significantly increased the number of guests on the farm and the numbers of guests at the hosted complimentary farm activities, which is not conducive or favourable to promoting and maintaining the atmosphere.
Pets are only permitted with the prior consent of the Owners and where pets are permitted, they are to be kept under control. Pets must not be left in the canvas cottage unsupervised as this could result in damage to the Property and distress to the animal (s). A maximum of two pets per Canvas Cottage is allowed. There is a £25 tariff payable per holiday per pet.
9. Guest Behaviour – The holiday; guest conditions of occupancy and conduct
The Guests have the right to occupy the Property for the paid for holiday period only (within the meaning of Schedule 1 Paragraph 9 of the Housing Act 1988).
Guests undertake to behave in a proper, appropriate, and legal manner with due respect to the Owner, the Property and other guests and their property. If any guest behaves inappropriately or improperly (of which the Owner will be the final judge on their Property), or illegally, the Owner reserves the right to ask the guest and their party (at their discretion) to leave the Property before the end of the holiday period. Any refund for so doing will be at the entire discretion of the Owner. In addition, the Owner reserves the right to sue the guest for any loss, damage or injury caused to the Owner, the Property or to other guests and/or their property.
10. Breach of Booking Conditions
If there is a breach of any of these conditions by the Guest or any of their party, the Owners reserve the right to re-enter the Property and end the holiday and ask the Guest and their party to leave in addition to their other rights specified in these Booking Conditions. Ending the Holiday by the Owners or the Guests does not affect that party’s other rights and remedies.
11. Amendments or cancellation to reservations.
An administration fee will be charged for amends to reservations of £30.00, this includes, change of dates, change of duration.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Any dispute will be governed by the non-exclusive law and jurisdiction of the English Courts.
13. Authority to Sign – the person who signs the Booking Form certifies that:
- he or she is authorised to agree the Booking Conditions on behalf of all persons included in the Booking Form, including those substituted or added later.
- the signatory is over eighteen years of age.
- they agree to take responsibility for the party occupying the Property, and to notify the Owners if they are not a member of the holiday party
- Bookings are not transferrable to other parties or guests
Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits the liability of the Owners:
- for death or personal injury caused by the Owners negligence.
- for any matter which it would be illegal for the Owners to exclude or attempt to exclude their liability
14. The use of open water, climbing trees and any other activity on the Owners land is the responsibility of the Guest and is done so at their own risk.
15. Assumption of Risks
You will be staying on a working farm with live animals and potentially dangerous farm equipment amongst other hazards. Whilst we take great care to keep you safe, accidents can happen, and we are not held responsible for such accidents (to the greatest extent permitted by law). It is your responsibility to supervise any children. If you notice that any equipment looks faulty and/or unsafe you must inform the farmer as soon as possible. We advise that you have valid annual insurance in place that will provide suitable cover for accidents, illness, bereavement, transport difficulties as well as extreme weather conditions and the risk of your stay being cut short.
The Dandelion Hideaway at Osbaston House Farm accepts no liability for theft, loss or damage, of whatever nature, during or because of a stay at The Dandelion Hideaway.
- falling into defect or putting out of action of technical equipment and loss or closure of supplies at Osbaston House Farm.
- the tenant and those who accompany him or her, are jointly and severally responsible for all loss and/or damage which arises, for The Dandelion Hideaway and, or any third party as a direct or an indirect consequence of their stay, irrespective of whether this was caused through actions or refraining from actions by themselves or by third parties, who are at The Dandelion Hideaway their making, as well as of all damage which is caused by any animal and/or matter which they have under their responsibility.
- If you leave your tent in an improper condition, additional (cleaning) costs can be charged.
17. Force majeure
Force majeure on the side of The Dandelion Hideaway exists if the implementation of the agreement is entirely or partially, temporarily or permanently, prevented due to circumstances which are beyond the control of The Dandelion Hideaway including threat of war, staff strikes, blockades, fire, floods, health pandemics and other disruptions or events.
Despite all the care of The Dandelion Hideaway it could occur that you have a genuine complaint. You must take up this complaint immediately, to allow us to solve the matter as soon as possible.
19. Validity clause
If a court finds that a condition in these Booking Conditions is illegal or void, the illegal or void provision will be severed from the remainder of the Booking Conditions, which will continue to be valid and have full force and effect.